2017 winner molly McSpedon & Ryan Ninivaggi
Honorees of 2017 Scholarship
Winners of it
Molly McSpedon--2017 Scholarship recipient
Ryan Ninivaggi --2017 Scholarship recipient
the bronx acorn scholarship
the bronx acorn scholarship Requirement
- The scholarship membership cost is $250 per family, this covers children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of a member of the Bronx Acorn Electrical Club.
- The scholarship is a $1000 per year pay out, for a maximum of four years of full time education, with a maximum of $4000 pay out. The winner must have completed one complete full time year of school before winning the scholarship and must provide transcripts to receive each scholarship check. (For example, if the winner is in their 3rd year of school and finishes their education after the 4th year, they would only receive two scholarship checks.)
- The scholarship does extend for further education post- under graduate degree- i.e. for Masters, Doctorate / PhD, medical school, and law school. If the candidate has won the scholarship after finishing their post-under graduate degree, and the candidate is not a full time student in their further education, their scholarship shall be adjusted to a two years maximum with two checks of $1000 a year for a $2000 maximum payout.
- The winner of this scholarship is permitted one voluntary break, not to exceed more than one year, with notification to the scholarship committee before hand. Any serious reason for break in schooling may be presented to the committee.
- The winner must maintain a “C” average and every year must provide their transcript to the scholarship committee before the next check will be released. (There is a one year grace period to correct any grade complications).
- The club / union member must be in good standing with the Bronx Acorn Club, Local Union #3, and the I.B.E.W.
- The B.A.C. member must be paid up in full to the scholarship fund one year prior to submitting a candidate.
- The member must submit the scholarship application at the beginning of the Bronx Acorn Club meeting that the scholarship winner is chosen at.
- Any member of the Bronx Acorn Electrical Club in good standing, that passes away at work on a affiliated LU#3 job site, even if they did not join the scholarship foundation, their children will be considered eligible candidates for the scholarship (revised May 23, 2016).
*Again, the maximum is a total of 4 years (not to exceed $4,000 total). *
* Full Time Education will be not less than 10 credits per semester or 20 per year.*